PCR CheckIT™ gels are ideal for fast screening in the size range from 100 bp to 4 kbp.
The gels are produced by gelation and simultaneous cross-linking of the hydroxyl groups of agarose and the oxirane groups of butanediol diglycidylether. They contain a low total polymer concentration, but give improved resolution of short nucleic acid fragments. DNA molecules run faster in PCR CheckIT™ gels than in high percent agarose or fully synthetic gels.
PCR CheckIT™ gels are insoluble in boiling water and do not inhibit DNA polymerases and ligases. The gel is elastic and optically clear. The stained bands from a gel can be excised with BandPick™ and used directly for re-amplification,
sequencing or cloning.
PCR CheckIT™ gels are available with or without Ethidium Bromide (EtBr). The samples can be run in the presence of EtBr to achieve excellent results. PCR CheckIT™ gels are not required to be destained prior to analysis and results can be obtained within 10 minutes.
- Fast results: PCR results in as little as in 10 minutes
- Direct recovery: stained bands can be excised and used directly for PCR, sequencing and cloning
- High throughput: analysing up to 400 samples simultaneously
- High reproducibility: equal quality, gel after gel
- PCR CheckIT™ gels are available with or without Ethidium Bromide (EtBr)
- Can be run in the presence of EtBr or post-stained after electrophoresis
- Maximum electrophoresis temperature: 35°C
- Diffusion of molecules: DNA molecules rapidly diffuse out of the gel at 70°C–75°C
- PCR CheckIT™ gels are elastic and optically clear
- Storage: horizontally at 4°C (40°F), do not freeze!
- Shelf life: at least 6 months (max. 18 months)
AL's ready-to-use gels are available in 8 different formats. They allow the analysis of up to 400 samples per gel. AL-Diagnostic provides two main formats of gels:
1) Mini Gels
2) Wide Mini Gels - 2 or 4 gels per presentation.
Mini 8/12 wells
87 mm for 8 samples
57 mm for 12 samples
Wide Mini 2x13 and 4x13
87 mm for 2x13
40 mm for 4x13
Wide Mini 2x25 and 4x25
87 mm for 2x25
40 mm for 4x25