Poly(NAT)® gels are the best choice for demanding separations, covering the broadest range of fragment sizes.They cover DNA fragments in the size range from about 50 bp to 20000 bp and are able to resolve 2–3 % in size difference for fragments up to 2 kb.
Poly(NAT)® gels are highly transparent. SYBR-Gold staining allows to detect less than 0.1 ng DNA per band.
Poly(NAT)® gels provide exceptionally clear and sharp bands.
Poly(NAT)® gels exist in 2 different concentrations (9%, 12%). Which type of Poly(NAT)® gel to choose depends on the size range of the DNA fragments to be analysed (see ELQuant for detailed information).
Diffusion of DNA in Poly(NAT)® gels is extremely slow, even after electrophoresis.
Immediate staining and destaining is not required.
Poly(NAT)® Special Features
- Broad fragment size range: from 50 bp - 20`000 bp
- High resolution: 2–3 %, up to 2 kb
- High sensitivity: as little as 0.05 ng/band
- Electrophoresis temperature range: 20 – 55°C
- Low diffusion: bands remain sharp after weeks at 4°C
- Direct recovery: stained bands can be excised and used directly for PCR, sequencing and cloning
Poly(NAT)® General Notes
- Poly(NAT)® gels exist in 2 different concentrations: 9%, 12%
- Always use 30 mM TAE buffer with Poly(NAT)® gels.
- Borate is not compatible with Poly(NAT)®
- Stain after electrophoresis
- Storage: horizontally at 4°C (40°F), do not freeze!
- Shelf life: at least 3 months (max. 6 months)